Planning & Executing An IAMA - The Steve Downes Example

To help spread the word about The American Fathers serial, Steve Downes sat down today for an IAMA on Reddit. 


I am Steve Downes and this is my AMA! from IAmA
All of the questions were great. Steve, Adrianne, and I had a great time, and I feel like I learned a lot about the Halo community. There was a lot of positive energy during that hour.   

If you're thinking about doing an IAMA, here's what I recommend. 


  1. Ask to be added to the IAMA Calendar. The link is located on the IAMA subreddit on the right side of the page under the words Please check out our Rules and FAQs. This should be done at least two or three days in advance.
  2. Post announcements on all subreddits relevant to your IAMA. In our case that included /R/HALO since Steve is the voice of Master Chief, /R/AUDIOBOOKS and /R/AUDIODRAMA since Steve performed the voice over for the character Victor Daco in Episode 4 of The American Fathers, and /R/RADIO considering his many years as DJ on the radio show The Drive.
  3. Make sure to respond to comments and replies to your posts. My Reddit account was not set up to forward comments to my email address when I posted the announcements, so I didn't see the comments that were made regarding the announcements until the following day. I'm glad I decided to check those posts the next day, but I could have replied to those comments in a more timely manner. 
  4. About 15 to 30 minutes before your IAMA is scheduled to begin, submit your request to the IAMA subreddit. If you're like me, you're thinking it can't possibly be that simple, that easy? Well, it was for me. Their Step-by-step guide makes it clear that even spur of the moment AMAs are welcome, which suggests the process is easy by design.  


Comments

Popular Posts