I Believe Traffic To My Product Page Affects My Amazon Seller Ranking

I've talked in other posts about the importance of my title's Amazon Seller Ranking. Before writing those posts I searched to see what others had to say on the topic. I'm surprised that no one has ever mentioned the affect traffic to the product page has on the seller ranking. I've seen the impact first hand, so I'm convinced it has an impact. 

Last Saturday and yesterday I increased traffic to the product page of The American Fathers Episode 1, and in both instances my seller ranking went down. Just as a review, when I talk about my seller rank, I am thinking in terms of a ladder. The top rung is #1, therefore the lower rungs are #2, #10, #101, and so on.

I believe the seller rank went down because there were no sales of the title, in spite of the increase in traffic. Amazon treats that scenario as a worse thing to happen than one in which your traffic remains low during a period of zero sales.

In my current state of pessimism, I have to admit this is a brutally honest way of looking at this situation. If more people see your product, but none of them are compelled to buy it, that probably means your product is not appealing, even to people whose interests, preferences, or whatever led them to viewing your product page. 

I cannot say for certain this is Amazon's logic, but the painful experience of watching my marketing costs increase by an average of twelve cents per click, while my seller ranking decreases by a dozen rungs or so every hour, has convinced me that the seller ranking is impacted by traffic to the product page. I was penalized (numerically) by drawing traffic to the product page that did not produce purchases of the title.  

Comments

Popular Posts