7 Sex Education Lessons From Emily Nagoski’s ‘Come As You Are’ - Radio Boston

I haven't posted anything related to sex in awhile (although I'm still happily writing scenes for my characters). I thought this interview on +Radio Boston with +Emily Nagoski was interesting. In that spirit, I am sharing.
I admit, I never associated body image with libido. Even as I write this I have no idea why that has been the case. That was only a small part of the interview, just to be clear, but as I said, an interesting one to me.

I've had some pretty enlightening conversations with other writers about sex. These usually happen while critiquing a work in process that contains sexual elements. I've expanded my view of what the word sex means to include interactions between two people that DO NOT include physical contact. And I don't only mean phone sex. The person could be right there in front of you or right there with you, and not in some other location, as in asexual romantic intimacy (intimacy in asexual romantic relationships). 


The suspicion has grown in me that this is the source of some of the confusion that occurs between people. I wonder how often a person gives the impression that they want to have sex, but receives their sexual satisfaction BEFORE ever making any physical contact with the other person. I don't know, it's just a thought.   

Comments

Popular Posts